This video is a stunning combination of drone footage and video with suggestions about what to visit in Chicago.
You are planning your trip to Chicago. Maybe, you are trying to choose what U.S. city you want to visit. You are in the right place. Chicago is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Whatever your interests are, Chicago will have it all. I live in Chicago and I collected the best places for you to see it like a local.
1. Take a walk to Northerly Island. It is within walking distance to everything and you can see a sunset that you will never forget.
2. Visit the Skydeck at Willis Tower (Sears Tower) to stand on a glass panel 103 stories over the city. You can see surrounding states from there. It is better to come after 5 pm to capture great sunsets and a beautiful city nightscape.
3. Take a boat along lake Michigan. Whatever you come for one day or week, take a cruise. You will have an unforgettable experience. For your choice from laid -back sightseen cruises, fine dining, lunch/ brunch cruises to private charter experiences. My favorite is Fairworks Signature Dinner Cruise on Lake Michigan. It is about 3 hours long. It will be unforgettable way to experience the city from the water with unobstructed views of the spectacular fireworks display.
Every Wednesday and Saturday night from Memorial Day through Labor Day, Navy Pier lights up Chicago skyline with spectacular Summer Fairworks. You need to plan you cruise for these days.
4. You can enjoy the city view of the Chicago skyline from Chicago shoreline, it offers 18.5 miles long trails. You will have the best view from Adler Planetarium, Northerly Island Park and North Avenue Beach.
5. Visit the Rose Garden in Grant Park. Feel yourself like a royal in the Rose Garden. You will take beautiful pictures there.
6. Visit the Clarence F. Buckingham Memorial Fountain. It is the largest fountain in the world. It is located next to Rose Garden. A spectacular light and music display accompanies the major display, beginning every hour for 20 min. The major light up show starts at 10-35 pm.
7. Visit the John Hancock 360-degree observation deck at the 95th floor. Take your Chicago experience to the next level and be tilted out over the magnificent Mile from over 1000 ft. in the air.
8. Go to one of the many beaches in Chicago. The North Avenue Beach is the most popular beach and it is not far from the downtown and has a beautiful view of the city. The Ohio Street Beach and the 12th Street Beach are my favorites.
9. Stroll the Chicago Riverwalk. You will get the chance to eat, drink, jet ski, kayak or take an Architectural cruse along the Chicago River. You will absolutely love it.
10. Watching a concert in Millennium Park while having laying on the grass and having a picnic. Visit the Bean (Cloud Gate) and the Crown Fountain both located in Millennium Park.
11. Visit the Baha’i House of Worship. It is one of only eight continental Baha’i Houses of Worship in the world and it is located 40 min from downtown Chicago.
12. Visit the Soldier Field for any event like a sport game or concert. It has primarily served as the Home Field of the Chicago Bears for the past 4+ decades. Now it also hosting numerous other entertaining events such as concert too. Also, check out a Chicago cubs’ game in the Wrigley field or a White Sox game at the White Sox stadium.
13. Visit the Art Museum which contains some of the world’s greatest art works.
14. Visit BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir. It is a traditional Hindu place of worship. This Temple is very beautiful and visiting it is a must. It is located in Bartlett, an hour from Chicago.
15. Explore some of the Chicago restaurants. It has more than 7,300 restaurants which can satisfy any budget and taste. Some of my favorite spots include Cindy’s Rooftop, The Signature Room at the 95th, Hugo’s Frog, London House Rooftop, X- Pot, TAO and Trump Tower Terrace. Also, if you would like to try some exclusive drinks The Aviary is a great choice.
16. Visit the massive five-story Starbucks Reserve Roastery. It is biggest Starbucks in the world located on the Magnificent Mile. The Arriviamo Bar on the 4th floor offers coffee and tea cocktails. You cannot miss it.
17. Live, play and shop on Magnificent Mile, State Street and in Chicago’s Oak Street District.
18. You can also visit the Chicago Botanical Garden which features plants from all parts of the world. They also contain the most beautiful Japanese tea garden.
19. You can visit the Tom Ping Park in the famous China Town neighborhood. Besides this stunning park, you can enjoy delicious food and desserts in China Town.
20. Also, be sure to check out the famous Museum of Science and Industry and fly at Indoor Skydiving.
Please like, comment and subscribe to my channel. Tell me in comment what you think, it will help my channel. Thanks you
More info on Visit like a local Chicago, Illinois / USA / Travel Video
State of Illinois features interactive trip planner on their website for ensuring autumnal enjoyment this Fall
The State of Illinois is making it easy for residents to enjoy fall colors. Their website contains an interactive trip planner that shows the best times to discover photo-worthy fall scenery. Our stat ...
As abortions keep rising in Illinois, support for women seeking care is more important than ever
Efforts to ensure Illinois ... at the Chicago Abortion Fund since 2019, but that could change as the numbers skyrocket, the nonprofit’s Executive Director Megan Jeyifo told us.
Illinois man, teen face felony charges for allegedly attacking Chicago police officers with wooden flagpoles
A 46-year-old Illinois man and a 16-year-old have been charged after allegedly attacking police officers in Chicago with wooden flagpoles over the weekend, according to police and local reports.
What it’s like to fly business to Chicago when you're a gluten and dairy-free insomniac
As far as long-haul flights go, Air New Zealand’s Auckland to Chicago ... like I was tucked up in a cosy, adult-sized cot. It was meant to be 15 hours five minutes, but the captain delighted us ...
Illinois woman arrested for allegedly battering four Chicago cops: police
An Illinois woman was arrested after allegedly battering four Chicago Police Department officers over the weekend. Cicero resident Esmeralda Aguilar, 24, was charged with four felony counts of ...
Warm Places to Visit in January: Best International and US Hot Spots
For those of us who live in the chillier climes ... there are still plenty of places and reasons to visit Hawaii. A great bonus that makes January an ideal time to travel to Hawaii is that it’s the ...
America/Chicago Time zone • Current Time in Chicago
America/Chicago Timezone in detail. Current Time and date in America/Chicago Timezone. Also get information about timezones adjacent to America/Chicago, major cities belonging to America/Chicago ...
How to visit the Shedd Aquarium, other Chicago museums for free this fall
Luckily, many of Chicago's most famous museums have dozens of free days for fall 2023. In fact, the Shed Aquarium has more than 20 upcoming free days, with free admission for Illinois residents ...
US Senate confirms Illinois judge to the federal trial bench
Cummings spent 29 years in private law practice in Chicago before the judges of the Northern District of Illinois selected ... “My parents … raised us with love, guidance, a tad bit of ...
Chicago to house migrants in tents, mayor open to budget cuts like NYC
"As far as how I am thinking about it, it really is about making sure the priorities that we set position us to grow our economy in the ... with the resources they need to thrive." Chicago and ...