This video is a stunning combination of drone footage and video with suggestions about what to visit in Chicago.
You are planning your trip to Chicago. Maybe, you are trying to choose what U.S. city you want to visit. You are in the right place. Chicago is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Whatever your interests are, Chicago will have it all. I live in Chicago and I collected the best places for you to see it like a local.
1. Take a walk to Northerly Island. It is within walking distance to everything and you can see a sunset that you will never forget.
2. Visit the Skydeck at Willis Tower (Sears Tower) to stand on a glass panel 103 stories over the city. You can see surrounding states from there. It is better to come after 5 pm to capture great sunsets and a beautiful city nightscape.
3. Take a boat along lake Michigan. Whatever you come for one day or week, take a cruise. You will have an unforgettable experience. For your choice from laid -back sightseen cruises, fine dining, lunch/ brunch cruises to private charter experiences. My favorite is Fairworks Signature Dinner Cruise on Lake Michigan. It is about 3 hours long. It will be unforgettable way to experience the city from the water with unobstructed views of the spectacular fireworks display.
Every Wednesday and Saturday night from Memorial Day through Labor Day, Navy Pier lights up Chicago skyline with spectacular Summer Fairworks. You need to plan you cruise for these days.
4. You can enjoy the city view of the Chicago skyline from Chicago shoreline, it offers 18.5 miles long trails. You will have the best view from Adler Planetarium, Northerly Island Park and North Avenue Beach.
5. Visit the Rose Garden in Grant Park. Feel yourself like a royal in the Rose Garden. You will take beautiful pictures there.
6. Visit the Clarence F. Buckingham Memorial Fountain. It is the largest fountain in the world. It is located next to Rose Garden. A spectacular light and music display accompanies the major display, beginning every hour for 20 min. The major light up show starts at 10-35 pm.
7. Visit the John Hancock 360-degree observation deck at the 95th floor. Take your Chicago experience to the next level and be tilted out over the magnificent Mile from over 1000 ft. in the air.
8. Go to one of the many beaches in Chicago. The North Avenue Beach is the most popular beach and it is not far from the downtown and has a beautiful view of the city. The Ohio Street Beach and the 12th Street Beach are my favorites.
9. Stroll the Chicago Riverwalk. You will get the chance to eat, drink, jet ski, kayak or take an Architectural cruse along the Chicago River. You will absolutely love it.
10. Watching a concert in Millennium Park while having laying on the grass and having a picnic. Visit the Bean (Cloud Gate) and the Crown Fountain both located in Millennium Park.
11. Visit the Baha’i House of Worship. It is one of only eight continental Baha’i Houses of Worship in the world and it is located 40 min from downtown Chicago.
12. Visit the Soldier Field for any event like a sport game or concert. It has primarily served as the Home Field of the Chicago Bears for the past 4+ decades. Now it also hosting numerous other entertaining events such as concert too. Also, check out a Chicago cubs’ game in the Wrigley field or a White Sox game at the White Sox stadium.
13. Visit the Art Museum which contains some of the world’s greatest art works.
14. Visit BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir. It is a traditional Hindu place of worship. This Temple is very beautiful and visiting it is a must. It is located in Bartlett, an hour from Chicago.
15. Explore some of the Chicago restaurants. It has more than 7,300 restaurants which can satisfy any budget and taste. Some of my favorite spots include Cindy’s Rooftop, The Signature Room at the 95th, Hugo’s Frog, London House Rooftop, X- Pot, TAO and Trump Tower Terrace. Also, if you would like to try some exclusive drinks The Aviary is a great choice.
16. Visit the massive five-story Starbucks Reserve Roastery. It is biggest Starbucks in the world located on the Magnificent Mile. The Arriviamo Bar on the 4th floor offers coffee and tea cocktails. You cannot miss it.
17. Live, play and shop on Magnificent Mile, State Street and in Chicago’s Oak Street District.
18. You can also visit the Chicago Botanical Garden which features plants from all parts of the world. They also contain the most beautiful Japanese tea garden.
19. You can visit the Tom Ping Park in the famous China Town neighborhood. Besides this stunning park, you can enjoy delicious food and desserts in China Town.
20. Also, be sure to check out the famous Museum of Science and Industry and fly at Indoor Skydiving.
Please like, comment and subscribe to my channel. Tell me in comment what you think, it will help my channel. Thanks you
More info on Visit like a local Chicago, Illinois / USA / Travel Video
Applications now available for free bikes in Chicago
Applications are now available for Bike Chicago, a new program designed to give out free bikes to Chicagoans. It's part of the Chicago Department of Transportation's initiative to fight climate change ...
Applications Are Open For Chicago's 5,000 Bike Giveaway Program. Here's How to Get One
Applications for Bike Chicago, a new program that will giveaway 5,000 free bicycles, as well as "maintenance and safety equipment" to Chicagoans by 2026, opened Monday. The program is part of Mayor ...
Like Us & Love It – Win 6 tickets to Bristol Renaissance Faire CONTEST RULES
WGN-TV’S LIKE US & LOVE IT Bristol Renaissance Faire Official Rules 1. Sponsors. This sweepstakes (“Like Us and Love It Santa’s Village”) is sponsored by WGN-TV, 2501 W Bradley ...
Highland Park Shooting Updates: Suspect Was Reportedly Asked to Leave Synagogue in April
Several people were killed, wounded in shootings during July Fourth celebrations in Highland Park, Philadelphia and Minneapolis Monday.
Chicago shooting: ‘Our community was terrorized,’ says mayor as officials search for Fourth of July gunman – latest updates
At least six killed and two dozen injured after shooting in Highland Park just after 10am local time ...